Monday, November 29, 2010

First Blog - Hello and Intro...

Hello and thanks for dropping by my journey in the HCG protocol for weight loss.  My name is Bill....Masbirdies on most forums.  If you golf, you'll understand my screen name.  I'm an avid golfer, struggling to get better.  More birdies will always help in getting there!

I'm 52 and live in the Central Florida, near Daytona Beach.  I'm in pretty good shape and look much younger than my age.  I raced and/or rode off road motorcycles most of my life.  I got hurt pretty bad in a practice before a race in my mid-30's.  Part of my injuries involved crushing my right foot (heel).  The type of injury I have can actually become worse with surgery.  The Docs always want to see how it heals naturally before attempting surgery.  Mine healed better than expected naturally but still left me with a foot that had limited movement and would always have pain.  Surgery could make it worse so I decided to live with it.  I can still do a lot of activites like basketball, golf, etc.... but,  I can no longer run long distances (I ran cross country in H.S.) or do lots of running like wind sprints.  When I golf or play basketball...or even go shopping at a mall (lots of walking on hard floors), I pay for it the next day with a lot of stiffness and pain.

So, as I've gotten older, my physical activity has slowed down...and my weight gain sped up.  As of now I'm about 30lbs. over-weight...or over where I want to be.  Those damn charts say I should weigh about 165.  Most of my life, I was 180-185 and looked great.  I didn't look 25 lbs overweight.  So, my first goal is to get back down into the 185lb range where I was about 10 years ago.  This means I want to lose about 30lbs with this round on HCG.

I normally lose weight pretty easy but...somehow, I really lost my motivation to do it the hard way....the gym.  I've been in the gym for a good part of my life.  It's just not that appealing right now.  I think the weight gain has robbed me of energies that stimulate motivation.  I've been really lethargic over the last few months.  So....it's time to get busy doing something to get the weight off.

I found out about HCG over a year ago.  But once I looked into it, I dismissed it as too expensive and too rigid.  A co-worker was going to a local doctor for the treatments.  She lost a lot of weight but it was really expensive and she has gained a lot...or, I think even more, of the weight back.   

Then, about 2 months ago, a number of employees at my local golf course started dropping weight like crazy.  When I asked them what they were doing, it was HCG.  They were getting the hHcg from a local DC.  When I read / heard about the loading, lo-cal aspects of the diet, etc.....I thought these people needed mental health help.  The concept went against anything I knew to be healthy for the body.


So, while bored one evening, I started cruising the web looking for info on the HCG diet. Fortunately, I found some of the good sights first.  I read Pounds and Inches and was very fascinated by his research.  Then, I started seeing the name Kevin Trudeau associated with HCG.  If I had not have read P and I first, I would have dismissed HCG all together.  I'm not going to go on a rant about my feelings regarding KT.  However, I know all about him from things other than HCG.  I wouldn't buy anything or take any advice from that flim-flan man...especially such a radical diet idea.  Enough about that....


 From Pounds and Inches, I went to You Tube and found many good vblogs there.  Probably watched Mamacloks the most. They were most helpful with the visual evidence of the results of the protocol when followed correctly.


Which brings me back to my golf course buddies.  From everything I learned through my web searches, I found that while these folks were losing lots of weight, they weren't following the protocol, therefore, their results may be temporary.  I decided against purchasing from their source (and the advice that went along with it) and venture into this on my own.  


I decided to go rxHCG and initially to do sub-lingual.  I don't know what changed my direction to injections, but, somewhere along the search for suppliers, I did.


I initially ordered my HCG in early October. I wanted to get through my first round before Thanksgiving.  The experience was a bit frustrating.  First, they were out of the HCG (HuCoG) brand that I ordered.  That was a small delay.  Next, my shipment got stuck in U.S. Customs.  It never came out.  Bummer!  


I will say the supplier was great in getting me a new supply out and it was before 30 days.  I received the 2nd order about 9 days from the time I was told it reshipped.  So, I get the stuff but now it's about 10 days before Thanksgiving.  Decisions...Decisions!   

I decided I could no longer look in the mirror and accept the face and body I was seeing.  The holidays would have to sacrifice (yes, the food, the parties, etc...all of it)  I could start 2011 with a new body. All of the sudden, some missing motivation and will-power appeared.  The decision was made.  I would use Thanksgiving as my loading days (Thurs/Friday) and get busy.


And, that's what I did and my journey is now on it's way.  I'm starting this blog at the beginning of my 3rd VLCD day in Phase 2.  So, on with the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment