Monday, November 29, 2010

VLCD - 1/2 (Nov 27/28, 2010)

VLCD 1 - Weight 216.8
Woke up to the perfect storm this AM.  You can imagine the hangover I had from the day before.  Also, had a major sore throat and flu going on. Add that to the HCG and I was thinking "WFT have I done?".  Oh well, the day before was a great day.  I got a lot of beef out of my golf buddies.  Some are just negative anyway and need something more out of life than golf.  Other were just "ball bustin" cause that's what guys do!  

Anyways, I was determined to get through that day.  Got my shot in.  At this point, I haven't bought a thing for the P2 part of the protocol.  So, off to Publix.  The shopping was pretty easy.  Got a pound of some beautiful fresh shrimp that just came in.  Got a couple of New York Strips that were on sale.  They had the Purdue Chicken breats on sale for $2.99 a lb.  I bought about 8 of those.  don't know how many lbs that is but....it's a lot of chicken.  

Got home, watched my beloved Louisville Cardinals win one over Marshall in basketball while preparing my steak.  I cut all the fat off the steaks and then cut them into 3.5 oz portions.  I got an even 6 out of it.  Cooked one right up along with some Romaine hearts, some grissini (a stick...I can't believe I found that stuff), and an apple.

For the rest of the day, I basically stayed in bed all day (feeling terrible from the flu and hangover).  I would say the HCG might have something to do with the flu, however, 2 of my kids got the same thing the same day.  Don't think that's HCG related, do you?

Got up around 6 and decided to fix the shrimp and had an idea.  Got out a non-stick pan. Squeeze 1/2 a lemon in the pan and 2 cloves of garlic. Shelled and portioned  the shrimp and put them in the pan.  Seasoned that with Tony's Chachere's Creole seasoning (checked the ingredients...everything looked ok).  Let that cook really slow over very low heat.  It doesn't take much to cook shrimp.  I just didn't want to lemon juice and garlic to burn.  Once the shrimp looked good, I dumped into a plate and sliced the shrimp into little bites.  Here is where I probably cheated a bit.  I also at the garlic that sauteed with the shrimp.  It was pretty small so I thought I would try and see what happened.  

Let me tell ya!  That was some kick-ass shrimp.  I found something I will eat for the rest of my life.  AWESOME!   I had that with some more Romaine, grissini, and apple.  I drank a lot of water and a lot of coffee that day.  Had some hunger!  But mild and as soon as I felt it, I drank water. It was very manageable!

Spent the rest of the evening in bed, sick with a 101.9 temp.

VLCD -2  Weight 214.4
Took some measurements of my Chest and gut.  Chest 47, Waist is 45.  It look like I have a football in my stomach.  I have skinny legs, a decent butt, skinny arms...but my chest and stomach look horrible.  And, I have this new face growing behind my original face.  FAT!  YUCK!  Man, am I glad I started this protocol. 


Lost 2.4 pounds though!  Yeah!


Still felt bad today!  Sore throat was gone but flu symptoms are not.  It's gone to my sinuses now.  Yuck!


Today, I'm fighting hunger a bit more.  Quite a bit more.  Not to where I'm out of control but....I am hungry and watching the clock.  Can't wait until lunch!


In case anyone is interested, I take my shot around 7:30 to 8:30 am and plan on sticking to that.  I weigh myself almost first thing.  Definitely before any liquids.  Try to get any bathroom requirements out of the way first...then weigh.


Had the same protein for lunch (new york strip) for lunch but switched to spinach and added just a bit of Balsamic Vinegar and a little salt to it.  Ummmm, that was good!  Didn't see where the BV was an issue.  Will monitor it.  Decided to save the apple for later.  Glad I did. I had this gnawing like hunger going on all day.  Ate the apple around 3:30.  Dinner about 6:20pm.


For Dinner, I had the same shrimp as the night before but a little more garlic.  Aweeeeeeeeeeeesome!  I could live on that.  Hope the garlic isn't screwing me up.  If you can have garlic powder, why not garlic?   Had the same spinach with balsamic vinegar and man, I was stuffed.  No more hunger.  Saved the apple for later and ate it about 8:20pm.


Drank about 2.5 liters of water and lots of coffee throughout the day.   I read in a thread on either HCGDIETINFO FORUMS or the Yahoo forum....how do you drink coffee black?  Buy some good coffee.  don't buy shit for coffee.  We always by starbuck or seattle's best and it's terrific black.  I used to drink coffee with a lot of cream and no sugar.  I'm not a sugar freak.  I just slowly started cutting back on the cream and realized there really wasn't that much difference in the taste. Great coffee tastes great!

While on the subject of liquids...my god....the trips to the bathroom...do they ever calm down?  Every 40 minutes to an hour, it's off to the head.  This is kind of gross but...worth mentioning.  If you're a guy, you are used to looking at your urine when you go #1.  It's in front of you, can't help it.  If you're not looking, you're not aiming...and some little lady is not going to like you if you miss aim.  So, you are looking!  I've seen pictures of what fat looks like.  Well, my urine has this oily look to it...almost like buttery look to it.  I believe that has to be the fat that is releasing which would be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment