Monday, December 6, 2010

VLCD 10 - December 6, 2010

Weight - 204 lbs.

Damn, my first increase.  I know it's only .2 lbs but, damn, damn, damn!
Not sure if that's because I skipped an injection yesterday or because I've increased my protein.  So, today, I'm going back to 100g of protein and see what that does. 

Feeling pretty good today.  Not hungry in the least bit the last two - three days...including a skip day yesterday. 

Well, so much for that last statement written earlier today.... I ended up having a really grumpy day today.  So negative and just feeling really pissed at needing to lose 20 lbs and being on this journey!  Kind of unusual for me because I'm not a negative guy.

First, I gained .2 lbs today. Didn't get the day started off right in that......then, as my wife made really healthy food for breakfast and dinner, I stated getting really upset at being on this diet....started hating it.   I got kind of hungry after lunch today. All this good food was being prepared.  I could see it and smell it...and, I wanted it!  Bad!

UGH! (that's politely putting what I really want to say)

So, fortunately, I had this great evening meal. There's just something about fresh garlic that I really love. Big, fresh, Florida shrimp with some lemon juice, fresh garlic, and creole seasoning along with some asparagus with more of the same and some balsamic vinegar. So, I ended up feeling much better from this meal... after a day of walking around smelling great food and missing it (and I'm not talking junk food either..) The garlic was a great mood enhancer.  Probably over-kill for most people.  Tonight, I just couldn't get enough!

I'm hoping tomorrow I see some results from the mental challenge of today. I did cut my protein back to 100g today (I had gone up to 130g for last two days). Maybe that caused the slight gain?  

Oh, and I got to shout out to some of the new friends I'm meeting in the forums. Sometimes you can just tell from the way people exchange chats and emails that if you lived in the same town, you'd know these folks and be friends.  I'm enjoying knowing ya SS and RBP and hope to stay friends long after we get skinny.

1 comment:

  1. Even small gains make us question EVERYTHING we did the day before! They are frusterating, but you'll see a loss tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete