Wednesday, December 1, 2010

VLCD 5 - December 1, 2010

Weight - 208.4

Nice, another 1.2 pounds of fat down the toilet!

So, today I woke up feeling much better.  I now feel half human again.  I decided to increase my dosage to 150ui today and WOW!  What a difference! 

I had 100g of NY Strip along with a tomato for lunch at 12:30pm.  I have felt STUFFED since. I had an apple at 3:30pm just because I skipped it last night and felt I needed the nutrition, but, I did not feel like eating that apple. 

So far, I'm glad I upped my dose because the slight gnawing hunger I was feeling is gone! 

Dinner was baked chicken and more of that delicious asparagus I fixed last night.  I added a bit extra on the veggie just to make the meal last a bit longer.

Last night, the family was making it HARD on the ol' man.  I walk into the kitchen and laying on the counter is Resse Cups and Butterfingers. Man, if there is one thing I really like is an after dinner candy bar.  Not 20, just 1...or 2.  It was really rough seeing those wonderful chocolate delight, their beckoning call to every taste bud on my tongue.


So, I ran and grabbed an apple!  Temptation over, test passed!


Loving my new laptop! I've got 5 laptops and 2 desktops in my house. The one I use when not at a desktop was about 5 years old.  The keys were falling off (just a cavity for the 3 and J key) and it just didn't have the horses to run Win 7 (which I had installed on there about 6 months ago).  So, after about 3 months of trying to figure out what I wanted, I went to Best Buy yesterday and picked this one up ( http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+Inspiron+Laptop+/+Intel%26%23174%3B+Core%26%23153%3B+i5+Processor+/+17.3%22+Display+/+6GB+Memory+/+640GB+Hard+Drive+-+Mars+Black/1180025.p?id=1218231024657&skuId=1180025 ).  I usually buy electronics from Best Buy if they are close in price to what I can find online (and they usually are).  One thing I would recommend.  If you buy a laptop from them, do not allow them to charge you for their Geek Squad set up.  It's a rip!  It's like the add-on under-spray that car dealers used to force on you.  All PROFIT!  ALL BULLSHIT! 

They wanted $99 for a crappy anti-virus program (that I never heard of), their Best Buy App (which only allows you to buy software from BB), and added a geek squad contact app.  They try to make it sound like it's some great deal but in my opinion, after they've opened it, and screwed with it, you are buying a used computer.  And... there is almost $0.00 value in what you are provided.

They tried to tell me that they didn't have any more of the laptops I wanted and then came up  with ONE with the geek squad set up and I had to pay the extra $99 if I wanted it.  And, there was a lady in line for this one if I didn't take it and she would pay full price.  Geez, Am I buying a car or a computer.  Talk about high-pressure sales...that's one reason Circuit City went bankrupt.  

After politely telling them to look up all of my purchases (by my phone number), and letting them know if I walked out empty-handed, I would not return again... they quickly came to their senses.  I didn't walk out empty handed and I did pay the extra $99.   And, as soon as I got home, I immediately erased everything they added.  Now, I'm a happy guy!

So there, my rant is over...back to HCG!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on loss! I sometimes skip my apple (or fruit) if I'm not feeling hungry. Just never skip my veggie.

    ReplyDelete