Monday, December 13, 2010

VLCD 17

Weight - 199.2
This HCG trip can be like trying to improve your golf swing.  You can easily over-analyze what you are doing.
No loss overnight is a bummer!  I can look at 3 things from yesterday to do different today.  1. I know I didn't drink enough water yesterday.  I still got in a good amount but I wasn't going to the bathroom as much as normal.  CHECK!  2. I ate 134 grams of protein in one of my servings.  The last time I got carried away on adding too much protein, I had diminished results.  CHECK! 3. I mixed veggies yesterday.  I didn't realize that onions had a lot of natural sugar in them.  I thought they would be much like garlic and wouldn't be a problem.  I ate a lot of onion yesterday in addition to my cucumbers and tomato.  It was pretty good eatin' but ....might have resulted in no loss today so...CHECK! None of these will be repeated today so let's see what the results are tomorrow.
Something kind of strange with me.  I can be totally not hungry at night, eat my evening meal, and be mildly hungry 30 minutes later.  What's up with that?
I felt really good yesterday.  It was kind of an ugly day here is usually sunny Florida.  High winds, rain...not a good day for outdoor activities.  I ended up staying in and doing some stuff around the house.  My office was in dire need of some housekeeping, so, I got bz and got 'er done!  I was nice to sit down this AM to a clean and organized place to work.  My son asked me if I was going to keep it this way?  We'll see!
The warm weather is gone for a few days.  It went from 70* yesterday down to the low 30's last night.  Today is a high of like 47*.  That is really cold down here.  It feels much colder.  When I lived "up north", I used to run around in 40* weather with a long sleeve shirt on.  Now, I feel like I'm dressing up for a day of sledding in the snow or something. Conditioning!  It's all what your mind is conditioned to!
Speaking of cold, that was today...tonight, low of around 23* with 15-20mph steady wind.  This doesn't feel like any winter I can remember here in the sunshine state. 

Oh, btw....Hey, Al Gore, go suck it!

I read Pounds and Inches again today.  Glad I did.  I get a little new treasure out of it each time I read it. As I started out the day thinking how you can over-analyize this journey, I better understand that some days you just aren't going to lose, no matter how good you've been.  Sometimes, the body throws off a lot of fat and sucks up water to replace it.  If that happens, you are going to maintain or even gain.  I shouldn't say IF, I should say WHEN.  It's going to happen.  It may happen 2-3 days in a row.  So, unless it's day 4, don't panic or worry!

2 comments:

  1. Reflecting on your prior day(s) is always a good thing. We are still learning this diet and how our bodies react to it. Sorry y'all are having bad weather! Yesterday we had a down-pour and I got SOAKED being outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your post.... and you self analysis... veggies can be mixed... so you can undo that bad wrap you gave yourself... just keep the serving at around 4 ounces... but definitely not more the 3 ounces of protein 2 times a day...that will wreck the entire day if not followed... i too am in florida.. Clearwater.. amazing how COLD it is tonight.. and I'm originally a northerner... but, dang, this is still COLD! Dr. Beth.

    ReplyDelete