Sunday, December 26, 2010

VLCD 29 / 30 - December 25/26, 2010

Weight - VLCD 29 - 196.6
Weight - VLCD 30 - 194.8 

December 25th

Kind of a bummer!  Woke up to a .4 lb gain but...what a fantastic night I had last night.  


I played golf during the day yesterday.  My swing is coming back nicely!  I don't know why it went south when I started losing this weight but I like the way I am hitting the ball now.


During the round, I was thinking about the horrible sushi experience from the night before.  I decided I wanted to take the family out again and go to our most favorite sushi place, Tarafuku's in South Daytona.  Fortunately, he was open and I ordered the same thing I ordered the night before.  Except, there was about 9 pieces of tuna and 9 of yellowtail, and this huge pile of squid.  Man o' man....was it good!   The family really enjoyed their meal and felt a little sad that we had been going to the other place for awhile because it was 5 minutes closer.  Lesson learned!  Drive a little further, pay a little extra to get what you want!  It's worth it...only at Tara's, it's only a little farther drive.  You definitely don't pay extra!


I took a bottle of vodka with me to the course and had a couple of "on the rocks" while playing.  It was the bottle left over from the bowl game and I didn't want it to go to waste.  Had another before we went to eat and when I got home...felt like another.  Just one of those evenings when a "cool buzz" was in order.  The kids and the wife were in another part of the house watching an x-mas movie marathon.  So, I cranked up the sound system (I've got a nice one...I love good music through a quality sound system...played very loud) and started off with Boz Skaggs Live - side 2.  


I think I mentioned in the beginning of my blog that my one vice left over from my druggie days is to enjoy a narcotic, with a glass of wine or a drink of choice, at select times through the year (if I didn't mention it, now you know).  Well, to make my buzz even cooler, I grabbed my stash and indulged in  one and a half percodans.  The percs, vodka, sushi, and music made the world a really great place...at least the world I was in.


So waking up to a .4 lb gain was ok, considering the amount of food and liquor I indulged in yesterday.


December 26th -

Wow!  I am quite amazed at almost a 2lb loss.  

There's a lot going on from a mental perspective in dealing with this diet during the holidays.  The last few days, I have really been miserable.  Not physically, in fact, I've feel fantastic physically.  It's almost been a form of torture to do this diet during this time of year. There is a lot socially going on for me and there's lots of food and libations available.  


I'm noticing that I've become extremely irritable in the last few days.  I am hating another day of HCG protocol.  This probably has to do with the amount of cheating I've been doing and the results from the cheating.


Which brings me back to my amazement this AM when I weighed in.  In fact, I checked the scales 4 times to make sure it was correct.


Last night, my wife made her delicious home-made pizzas.  I read on a lot of forums where some people crave carbs.  I really haven't had that craving.  In fact, I really don't have a lot of cravings of late...other than I would like more food and more variety.  The hunger has been pretty well managed until late in the evening.  I think I am doing too much physical activity that causes the bouts with late evening hunger.  Anyways, back to the pizza.  It was a beautiful day here in FL (mid-70s) and the golf courses were all closed.  My community/street is on a golf course.  Every year, a lot of us gather up and just go out and play anyways.  The course knows we do it but no one minds because they aren't supplying us carts and we certainly don't tear the place up.  A friend of mine has a golf cart I can ride in but I decided I wanted to walk along with my youngest son and another neighbor.  We both have push carts to carry the bags.  


My energy levels were off the chart!  It was really a pretty easy go of it.  Ate an apple when I got just a little hungry and drank a lot of water.  I got home and started watching something on the TV and fell asleep. When I woke up around 5:30PM, I was REALLY hungry.  I drank a lot of water and decided to hold off until close to 7:00 PM to eat.  I ate my chicken (which was already prepared) and went back for my veggie.  That's about when the wife started pulling pizzas out of the oven.  I made up a batch of my asparagus with fresh garlic and balsamic and ate that, however, I really couldn't resist the pizza and had 3 slices.  My wife makes a really thin crusted pizza, which I love....and lots of sauce.  The pie I ate off of was a veggie pizza...with lots of fresh garlic.  Yum yum!

So two things....1-  I didn't feel so hot after I ate the pizza.  It was like all that stuff that I hadn't eaten in awhile was a shock to my system.  I totally felt that shock! Blah and yuck...Bl-uck!   And ,2 - why did I do that when I just went up .4 lbs from the day before and all the little cheating here and there is keeping me from my goal?  So, I was pissed at myself...mentally frustrated and so ready to be on to phase 3.

However, I woke up this AM to a little blessing and that's almost 2lbs dropped.  So, today...I have a renewed energy towards getting through these last 10 days or so with minimal cheats.  The good thing is....Christmas is over and so are all the events tied with it. Yeah, New Year's is coming but this one is going to be kind of quiet as my family will be out of town.  I don't have much planned between Christmas and New Year's so I think it will be easier...more like the first two weeks on protocol.  Wish me luck!


It got really cold over night. It might make it out of the 40s today but I don't think so.  I haven't had any beef for about a week now.  Think I'm going to grab a steak and make a couple of meals out of it.  Yeah, that's the ticket...steak and NFL football.  Today is going to be a lazy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment